Wednesday, January 23, 2008

birthday, badmovie, buddy gone

Last night we went to the movies, seen most of Cloverfield. Then we left about an hour into it. The story line and everything was right on and it would be a good movie if not for the way it was filmed. It was one guy with a hand held camera, like The Blair Witch Project. We started getting nausia right away and suffered for an hour before we said enough. Other than that I think it would have been good. Doug usually does the movie reviews and I don't think he has seen it yet.

Last Saturday we were in Fargo to send off my buddie Matt. He's going to Iraq with the 191st MP unit. I'm kind of bummed, we've known each other since the Eighth grade. Is this war ever going to be over. I'm bummed, I can't imagine how his mom or his girlfriend feel. As long as he comes home safe thats all that matters. None of the other guys will take the long trips on the bike with me. I miss my friend already.

"Oh my doug, its dougs birthday this weekend!"I bought him something but I don't think he will like it so I got to order him something else that wont be here on time. Oh well, its an excuss for me to go to GF. He is not the easiest person to shop for, Doug damn it. Especially when you want to get him something he likes. Or can at least appreciate. He has excentric taste which makes it fun, normally I don't go looking for some of this stuff. If you read this and you know Doug, when you see him feel free to have everyone line up and give him his birthday spankings. Please don't hold back. I know he'll appreciate it.

1 comment:

BoneDaddy said...

I do appreciate me spankins.
I didn't care for Blair Witch at all, so I don't know how I'd fair with Cloverfield. The whole 'home movie camera' thing is a good creative trick, but gets old, fast.